Popular Posts

If you would like to see some Taking It Outside videos visit my YouTube Channel

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Camping when its cold - or any outdoor activity

Some like to camp when it is cold and there is a lot of hunting when the weather is colder.  Whatever outdoor activity one is involved with, staying warm with the appropriate gear is vital. 

This past spring I saw fleece-lined jeans at Cabela's and wondered how warm they would be in cold weather.  I kept an eye out for a sale and purchased a pair of the fleece-lined jeans during a sale event.  I tucked the jeans away until colder weather hit North Texas.
The weather turned cold in December so I pulled the fleece-lined jeans out of the closet.  The jeans are relaxed cut traditional 5-pocket jeans.  They fit appropriately and felt great.  The fleece is 100% cotton and feel great.  Construction and fabric are high quality.

The first time I wore them was on a lower 30 degree morning.  While walking the dog I could immediately feel the warmth was far superior to normal denim jeans. After walking the dog it was time to go out on a motorcycle ride.  During the ride the legs felt very comfortable and warm, even when riding at 60+mph.

I am really glad I purchased the jeans.  I liked them so much I have already bought a second pair.

Below is a video showing the jeans and my thoughts about them.  Check it out.  If you like the video please give it a thumbs up and subscribe to see future video reviews.


No comments:

Post a Comment