Popular Posts

If you would like to see some Taking It Outside videos visit my YouTube Channel

Monday, January 11, 2010

Great Gloves!

In North Texas we don't get a whole lot of really cold weather and for the most part not many days consecutively of low temperatures.  On those few days I want a good pair of gloves to keep my fingers warm and dry. Cold wet fingers can make a hike or a camp out very unpleasant.  

There are numerous choices of good quality gloves on the market.  I have chosen to wear the Black Diamond Gore-Tex Renegade gloves.  When I first tried them one I noticed that they are very snug.  I actually got a size bigger than usual.   The wool lining is soft and warm and yet the gloves are light and my fingers stay movable.  The Gore-Tex fabric keeps my hands dry even in the heaviest of rains.   The shell is made of a durable 120d twill and the palms and fingers are reinforced with leather.  Black Diamond claims a temperature range of up to 0 degrees Fahrenheit!  I personally know they work great to at least 15 degrees.
I have found the gloves very warm, dry, comfortable, and functional (and they look great!).  The only negative is the short and tight gauntlet.  I really have to be careful to make sure my coat sleeve gets tucked in to the glove so that it does not slide up on my arm.

It it difficult to beat the quality of Gore-Tex and the quality of this glove.  If you are looking for a good warm, waterproof glove for any outdoor activity this is the glove you want.  




No comments:

Post a Comment